Reducing Platform Boot Time
The white paper presents a series of methods to optimize the underlying platform BIOS for reducing platform boot time. The document considers issues that affect boot performance, such as engineering choices, marketing requirements, and realistic enhancements in a production BIOS environment.
Some of the optimization methods covered include:
• How to make good use of system cache.
• How to organize the Flash layout effectively.
• How to adjust the BIOS to avoid unnecessary drivers.
• How to avoid reset in drivers.
• How to use saved data.
• How to do work in parallel.
Read the full Reducing Platform Boot Time White Paper.