Exciting new additions to the Intel® Learning Series family: the Intel® studybook reference design and Intel® Learning Series Teacher PC criteria.
Intel® studybook, a ruggedized and purpose-built tablet for 21st century education provides immense micromobility and real value from an educational perspective. The studybook includes the Intel® Learning Series Software Suite which provides a collaborative, secure, enhanced and easy to use experience. Innovative features such as the accelerometer, both front and rear cameras, microphone, and light sensor support project-based inquiry and mobile learning environments.
Tablets can be used to teach 21st century skills – from problem solving and critical thinking to content creation and collaboration.
Micro-mobility and enhanced battery life for learning in the classroom and at home.
Water-resistant touch pad with innovative features that support project-based inquiry and mobile learning.
Tools to support fieldwork including LabCam - recording observations via voice, text or multimedia and access to reference sources in real time.
Rounded corners for enhanced strength and rubber port covers to protect them from water and dust.
Why educators are choosing tablets
The move to affordable connectivity for schools is driving a parallel shift for tablets, from companion devices to primary devices. Key tablet features:
- Enable anytime, anywhere access to information, tools for learning and productivity, and custom applications
- Ideal for reference materials and research, as well as tools for fieldwork
- Transforms education across the curriculum:
- Language arts: all grade levels can take notes, highlight and annotate reading assignments and worksheets
- Mathematics and science: students can create graphs and diagrams, predict trends, record observations in class or in the field
- Support improved retention, organization, capture of video/audio while taking notes, collaboration, and peer review
In the News
Hear what the press is saying about the Intel studybook:
- I can almost smell the holy grail…the right hardware, the right ecosystem, the right price. Intel has hit a home run with its Studybook. [ZDNet]
- Actually using the tablet is going to be a pleasure for kids in the way that a computer has never been. If you think about it, tablets really are the ideal learning device—especially now that kids basically grow up with tablets in their hands. We demoed a few different programs running on an Android version of the tablet, and the results were impressive. [Gizmodo]
- Russell Beauregard, an Intel Ph.D. whose titles include “human factors psychologist,” last week demonstrated how the tablet’s front-facing camera can be enhanced with an add-on lens that turns it into a microscope. Exploiting that view, and software for the device, students can observe and measure objects like the size of an insect’s leg or grains of sand. Another camera application makes it easy to conduct time-lapse photography of phenomena such as plants turning toward sunlight, he says. [Wall Street Journal]
- Read more...
Intel Learning Series studybook - Purpose-Built for Education
Powerful tools to support 21st century learning
- Intel® Atom™ processor
- 7 inch, 1024x600 capacitive multi-touch screen
- Software Suite provides a collaborative, secure, and easy-to-use experience
- Front and back camera with integrated audio, single speaker, and digital microphone
Rugged, student- friendly design with micromobility
- 70 cm drop resistant and rounded corners for added strength and protection
- Rubber port covers for water and dust resistance (IP4)
- Enhanced security and theft deterrence
- Up to 5.5 hours battery life
Enhanced educational features for collaborative learning
- Educational software and utilities, Classroom Management
- Webcam Companion - LabCam touch -optimized application for science and mathematics
- Access Management - Capabilities to set and manage student access in school and at home
Intel® Learning Series Teacher PC - Notebook and Ultrabook™ Systems Designed Especially for Teachers
As teachers are an integral part of the classroom, the new Teacher PC criteria will enable solutions that are developed specifically to meet the needs of teachers. The criteria are available to computer manufactures to build purpose built education platforms – notebooks, and Ultrabooks™. Teacher PCs also come with access to education content, professional development and digital literacy resources.