The 7" Intel® Education Tablet gives students unprecedented access to education materials, while making it fun to engage deeper into scientific exploration and learning. The tablet is loaded with resources for students and teachers including the Intel® Education Software Suite with proven application tools and classroom management.
The tablet's multi-touch display and e-Reader software enable students to access rich online content. With a single touch, they can watch life develop in an embedded video, roatate a 3D molecule, and link to resources. Ultra-portability allows them to take the device to the field to capture data with the built-in camera and analyze it. Students can collaborate with their classmates, while comparing their findings to others on the web.
The Intel Education Tablet gives students access to a whole new view of their world.
- Intel® Atom(tm) Processors Z2420- 1.2 GHz
- Memory: 1GB LPDDR2
- Storage: 8 G eMMC
- Operating System: Android* 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
"The devices [tablets] are easy to use, responsive, and becoming very reasonably priced. This makes tablets ideal for the education sector, particularly for younger children."
"Education Market for Computing Devices" ABIresearch,* February 5, 2013
- Security: McAfee Mobile Security*, Intel® Education Theft Deterrent 1.2
- LCD/Touch Panel: 7" 1024 x 600 multi-touch (16:9)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Optional Bluetooth* 3.0 +EDR
- Battery Life: 15.5 Whr, > 9 hour
- Built in tools that support project-based inquiry and mobile learning environments
- Vivid display, brilliant imagery and easy-to-read text
- Front and rear cameras bringing scientific inquiry to life
- Integrated speakers and microphone that enable rich multi-media content creation and viewing
- Snap-on magnification lense and temperature probe
- Integrated audio, speaker and microphone
- Dimensions: 200 x 122 x 9.95mm (7.9 x 4 x 39 in)
- Weight: 355 g (.78 lb)
- Drop Test: 60 cm drop, water resistance
Using Tablets in Education
Mobile computing is gaining momentum for today's educational organizations because of a new class of devices—this category-defining blockbuster is the tablet. Immensly portable, tablets serve as eReaders, video repositories, and Web browsing devices with instant access to thousands of applications, often replacing the need for books.
Inside the classroom, tablets are transforming traditional lessons. Schools are increasingly seeing the potential of mobile devices. Not only are the devices themselves less expensive than most laptops, they need less structure to support them.
What to look for?
- Versatile, robust slates designed specifically for education, with education-specific hardware and software applications
- Anytime connectivity, touch capabilities
- Durability and security to ensure a sound investment that enable 21st century skill development