Timed-Behavioral Modeling: Intel® CoFluent™ Studio
Model and simulate the system's behavior and use cases
Intel® CoFluent™ Studio for timed-behavioral modeling (TBM) bridges the gap between specifications and implementation. It allows designers to model and simulate the behavior and time properties of electronic systems' applications and prepare efficiently for implementation.
At this stage, designers think in terms of functions and have no preconceived ideas about hardware or software implementation. However, functions are organized in a way that the resulting functional architecture is fully compatible with implementation-level abstractions, for all dimensions (structural, communications, and behavioral).
In addition, time is an essential design factor: it's used to organize the application or concurrent process-timed (CPT) model as the highest degree of parallelism in the system's behavior is sought.
Once a timed-behavioral model is obtained and verified, designers may continue developing their system either with their own process or with further system architecting capabilities offered by Intel® CoFluent™ Studio.
Intel® CoFluent™ Studio can be used also as graphical SystemC modeling front-end to generate automatically in transaction-level modeling (TLM) SystemC "application-like" test cases (for example, intelligent traffic generator) for SoC-platform architecture models.
All-in-one system application modeling environment
- Structure, control flow, data flow, and time properties all within the same model
- Describe use cases along with complete system functionality
- Integrate easily external C/C++ or SystemC code
- Export models to libraries and control import mode (black or white box) for further reuse in other projects
Thorough verification of behavior and timing constraints
- Fully-timed model—duration of algorithms and communications
- Fast simulation based on transaction-level modeling (TLM) SystemC (message-passing)
- Automatic instrumentation, rich set of dynamic visualization and analysis tools
Prepare for further architectural design and implementation
- Timed-behavioral model directly usable for system architecting and early performance analysis
- Functional architecture compatible with software (RTOS abstraction) and hardware implementation models
- Deliver reference system testbench and workload model that can be used throughout the project's lifecycle
- Automatic SystemC code generation
Facilitate interactions between all project stakeholders
- Generic models based on concurrent communicating functions (or processes) representing any kind of system dynamics independently from technological considerations and physics
- Unambiguous executable specifications providing significant results for verification purpose
- High-level graphical notations and simulation results intuitive to all project stakeholders
Model next-generation applications
Watch the video >
Intel® CoFluent™ Studio for system architecting (SA) goes beyond platform-level electronic-system level (ESL) design tools by allowing predictive application-driven system architecting at a high abstraction level from partial hardware and software.